Who are Fiat?
Part of the Agnelli family since way back in 1899, the Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino began life producing just 24 cars from its Turin factory.
Italy’s most famous car manufacturer is now part of the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) Group. FCA’s extensive brand list reads like a ‘who’s who’ of motoring household names. In addition to the Fiat imprint, Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Lancia and Maserati all come under the FCA umbrella.
Unsurprisingly, the manufacturer produces a wide range of cars and vans, from small city compacts to high-performance sports cars.
Firm favourites for UK motorists include the Punto, Bravo, Panda and the much-loved, Fiat 500.
Frequently asked questions
How much do the most popular Fiat models cost to insure?
The most popular Fiat models can be found in the lower insurance groups, which generally means they’ll be cheaper to insure:
|Fiat 500||Group 9|
These are the average quotes our customers obtained**:
- Fiat 500: average premium £457.07 per year
- Fiat 500X: average premium £468.16 per year
- Fiat 500C: average premium £415.70 per year
- Fiat 500L: average premium £465.49 per year
- Fiat Punto: average premium £590.65 per year
- Fiat Panda: average premium £334.08 per year
- Fiat Doblo: average premium £301.07 per year
- Fiat Bravo: average premium £654.03 per year
- Fiat Tipo: average premium £475.67 per year
Get a personalised Fiat car insurance quote.
**Average price amount based on the top five quotes from Compare the Market data from 1 October 2019 to 1 January 2020. The average is based on all variations of the vehicle model and uses risk data from people with different age ranges, addresses and driving histories. You may find a cheaper or more expensive quote based on your circumstances.
How can I cut the cost of my Fiat car insurance?
While average Fiat insurance premiums are reasonably low, young drivers especially may be able to cut costs further with a telematics policy.
Other ways that could help reduce your premium include: