Who are Lexus?
As car manufacturers go, Lexus are still relatively young. In 1983, a team of Japanese engineers were assigned a secret project - to design a luxury automotive that would set the benchmark in precision, craftsmanship and innovative motor technology.
And so, the Lexus LS 400 sedan was born, changing car manufacturing for good.
Lexus cemented their success with the 1998 RX 300, the first luxury crossover of its type.
With their passion for the environment, Lexus are leading the way forward to a cleaner future by producing hybrid versions of all their models.
Frequently asked questions
How much does a Lexus cost to insure?
According to our data, the average insurance costs** of these vehicles are:
- Lexus IS 200: average premium £1,326.14 per year
- Lexus IS 220D: average premium £737.24 per year
- Lexus IS 250: average premium £728.38 per year
- Lexus CT 200H: average premium £645.99 per year
- Lexus RX 400H: average premium £667.09 per year
- Lexus NX 300H: average premium £651.03 per year
- Lexus GS 300 S Auto: average premium £916.67 per year
The cost of insuring a Lexus will depend very much on your own personal circumstances, the specific model you choose and the insurance group it falls into.
Insurance groups can vary depending on the specific engine type and version you choose:
**Average price amount based on the top five quotes from Compare the Market data from 1 March 2019 to 1 June 2019. The average is based on all variations of the vehicle model and uses risk data from people with different age ranges, addresses and driving histories. You may find a cheaper or more expensive quote based on your circumstances.
Can I cut the cost of my Lexus car insurance?
There are various ways that could help cut the cost of your Lexus car insurance further such as:
- limiting your annual mileage
- parking overnight in a secure place.
- building up your no claims discount
- increasing your voluntary excess
Check out our top tips for cheap car insurance for more ways to potentially save on your premium.