Compare quotes for Tesco Bank car insurance today.
Why get car insurance from Tesco Bank?
If you’re a happy Tesco grocery customer, you might trust the company with your car insurance too – especially because you can get a discount if you’re a Clubcard member.
As well as standard car insurance, Tesco Bank also provides black box insurance, where a device is installed in your car to monitor your driving. Safe driving is rewarded with bonus miles.
And it’s not just motor insurance. Tesco Bank also offers:
- Home insurance – with a discount for Clubcard members. Excludes Home Emergency Cover and Family Legal Guard.
- Breakdown cover – choose from four levels of optional cover, provided by RAC Insurance Limited, to add to your car insurance policy.
- Travel insurance – single and multi-trip insurance in a choice of Economy, Standard, Premier and backpacker packages for trips of up to 18 months.
- Credit cards – a choice of balance transfer, purchase credit cards, credit-building cards and all-round cards is available from Tesco Bank.
- Loans – help with financing home improvements, buying a car and more.
How to contact Tesco Bank
There’s a lot of online support on the Tesco Bank website but, if you need to, you can contact Tesco Bank by phone. See all Tesco Bank contact details.
What types of car insurance can I get with Tesco Bank?
Tesco Bank provides:
- Car insurance for a single car
- Black box (telematics) insurance for drivers aged 17-35.
You can choose between:
- Comprehensive cover
- Third party, fire and theft (if your car is valued at less than £5,000).
Optional extras on offer include:
- Breakdown cover
- Upgraded courtesy car cover – if a small car isn’t big enough for your needs
- Driver injury cover
- Cover if your keys are lost, stolen or locked inside your car
- Motor legal protection.
Comprehensive policies include:
- Uninsured driver promise – if your car is hit by an uninsured driver, you won’t lose your no claims discount and your excess will be refunded. Terms apply.
- Small courtesy car cover – a small courtesy car will keep you going while your car is being repaired – but check for exclusions.
- Windscreen cover – to repair or replace your windscreen with the added bonus of paying for any scratches to the paintwork that might have been caused by broken glass.
- European cover – for driving in the EU for up to 90 days within the period of your insurance, as long as you’re a UK resident.
- In-car entertainment equipment cover – includes any stereo, sat nav, telephone and entertainment equipment that’s permanently fitted to your car.
- Replacement child car seat – any child seats that are fitted to the car at the time of an incident will be replaced, even if you can’t see any damage. A £300 limit applies.
All cover details, exclusions, excesses, monetary limits and terms are clearly laid out in Tesco Bank’s Car Insurance policy documents.
Why compare Tesco Bank car insurance quotes with Compare the Market?
It’s quick and easy to find quotes from Tesco Bank and other top providers.
Compare quotes quickly
It takes just six minutes to compare car insurance with Compare the Market.
Tailor your quote
Filter your quotes and add the extras you want.
By 27,880 people on Trustpilot
 Correct as of June 2023.
 As of July 2023, Compare the Market had an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 from 31,285 people who left a review on Trustpilot. The score 4.8 corresponds to the Star Label ‘Excellent’.
What Defaqto star ratings do Tesco Bank car insurance policies get?
Tesco Bank standard car insurance is Defaqto 5-star rated with a comprehensive level of cover. See our guide to Defaqto.
How well is Tesco Bank insurance reviewed on Trustpilot?
At the time of writing (July 2022), Tesco Bank has a 4.0 rating on Trustpilot, with over 50% of reviews rating it excellent. See Tesco Bank’s current Trustpilot rating.
Frequently asked questions
Can I cancel a policy with Tesco Bank?
You can cancel your policy online, by phone or by writing to Freepost RSJB-RZZY-HTJB, Tesco Bank Customer Service, P.O. Box 276, Newcastle Upon Tyne NE12 2BT.
There’s a £40 fee for cancelling a standard car insurance policy unless you cancel within the first 14 days.
If you have Box insurance, you can cancel your policy at any time by calling 0330 022 2202. Provided you haven’t made a claim, or one hasn’t been made against you, you’ll be entitled to a refund of premium minus any charges and fees as set out in your policy document.
Who underwrites policies from Tesco Bank?
Tesco Bank car insurance is underwritten by Tesco Underwriting Ltd.
Tesco Bank Box Insurance is arranged, administered and underwritten by Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance UK Limited.
Add-ons to your insurance may have other underwriters. Check the policy for details.
Is it possible to add other drivers to a Tesco Bank car insurance policy?
Yes, you can insure other named drivers for the term of your policy or add a temporary driver for up to 28 days. You may have to pay a premium for adding another driver.
If you make the changes via Tesco Bank’s ‘Your Insurance Account’, you won’t have to pay an admin fee. You’ll need to know the details of the driver you want to add, including their claims history.
You can also add named drivers to a Box policy. But it’s worth knowing the telematics device doesn’t distinguish between individual drivers, so anyone driving the car should do so responsibly and safely.
Does Tesco Bank offer black box insurance?
Yes – its telematics policy is designed for drivers under 35 and offers a fixed premium for the year with no curfews or fines. With Tesco Bank Box insurance, you can choose cover for 6,000, 8,000 or 10,000 miles and top up if you need to. You can also earn up to 100 bonus miles a month for safe driving.
Does Tesco Bank offer pay-as-you-go insurance?
No, Tesco Bank doesn’t offer ongoing pay-as-you-go insurance.
But you can opt for Box insurance, choosing a policy based on the number of miles you do with the option to buy more miles if you need them.
Does Tesco Bank offer van insurance?
No, Tesco Bank doesn’t offer van insurance.