Tesco Bank car insurance
Tesco is one of the UK’s leading supermarket chains that also offers a range of financial services and insurance products through Tesco Bank.
Tesco provides comprehensive and third party fire and theft car insurance for drivers over the age of 21. It also offers black box insurance, specifically designed for young drivers aged 17-35.
About Tesco Bank car insurance
The well-known supermarket chain established its financial services sector in 1997 to provide a range of banking and financial products to its customers across the UK.
Tesco’s comprehensive car insurance has a 5-star Defaqto rating and is rated 9.1 out of 10 on Reevoo for its range of car insurance products and excellent customer service.
Tesco Clubcard holders will receive a guaranteed discount when taking out a policy or renewing their existing cover through Tesco Bank. New customers will also receive a 20% discount if they buy their Tesco car insurance online.
Tesco offers two types of comprehensive car insurance: standard cover for drivers over the age of 21, and its black box insurance – a telematics policy for young drivers aged 17-35.
About Tesco Bank Box insurance
Tesco Bank Box insurance is specifically designed to meet the needs of young drivers aged between 17-35. A black box telematics device will be fitted to your car that allows Tesco Bank to monitor how well you drive.
The black box monitors aspects of your driving such as cornering, speed, acceleration, braking, mileage and the times of day you drive. You can keep track of your progress via your personalised online portal.
You can choose to take out a 6,000, 8,000 or 10,000 miles policy, depending on how much driving you do. Drive well and you can earn up to 100 bonus miles every month.
Your price at renewal may increase or decrease depending on a number of factors, one of them being your driving behaviour.
Tesco Bank Box insurance also offers the following benefits:
- comprehensive cover for young drivers
- start building up a no claims bonus
- guaranteed discount for Tesco Clubcard customers
- choose the miles you need and earn up to 100 bonus miles every month for good driving
- accident alert – Tesco Bank will be alerted if the black box senses any strong impact and will call the emergency services on your behalf if needed
- theft tracking – the black box can help police locate your car if it’s stolen
- 24/7 UK-based accident helpline.
Terms and conditions apply, so read the policy wording carefully before you buy.
What you get with Tesco Bank comprehensive car insurance
A Tesco Bank comprehensive car insurance policy provides you with fully comprehensive cover. It also includes the following benefits as standard:
- uninsured driver promise – your no claims discount (NCD) will be reinstated and your excess refunded if you’re involved in an accident with an uninsured driver that wasn’t your fault
- small courtesy car while yours if being repaired with an approved repairer (subject to availability)
- new car replacement – if your own car is less than 12 months old and is written off or stolen and not found, it will be replaced with a brand new one of the same make, model and specification
- windscreen cover – including any damage to the paintwork caused by broken glass
- car child seat replacement - up to £300 of cover per incident
- in-car entertainment equipment cover
- up to £200 personal possessions cover
- up to £500 stolen keys cover
- up to £100 medical expenses per person for you and your passengers
- up to £5,000 personal accident cover for you and your partner
- up to £150 towards onward travel costs
- up to 90 days fully comprehensive cover for driving in Europe
- motor legal protection – £100,000 of cover for legal costs and expenses to help you claim compensation for personal injury and recover any uninsured losses in the event of an accident.
Tesco Bank also offers third party fire and theft (TPFT) cover that includes the following benefits:
- in-car entertainment cover
- up to 90 TPFT cover for driving in Europe
- motor legal protection.
It’s important to check the details of your policy carefully, as terms and conditions will apply.
Tesco Bank optional extras
For an additional charge, you can get optional add-ons for wider cover and extra peace of mind:
- breakdown – a choice of four levels of breakdown cover provided by the RAC. Choose from basic roadside assistance up to full European breakdown
- upgraded courtesy car – get a similar sized car as your own for up to 28 days
- driver injury – a lump sum payment for death, serious injury or rehabilitation costs, even if the accident was your fault
- key cover – up to £1,500 cover for replacement locks and keys if your keys are lost, stolen or locked inside your car. Cover includes all insured house and business keys
Terms and conditions apply.
Get a quote with Compare the Market
Whether you’re an experienced driver or just starting out, you can find a great value Tesco Bank quote right here. Get a Tesco Bank car insurance quote today and see how much you could save.
For a full list of our car insurance providers, check out our car insurance providers hub.
Why buy through Compare the Market?
You could save up to £282** on your car insurance and get Meerkat Meals and Meerkat Movies* by comparing a range of car insurance providers in just a few minutes.
**Based on Online independent research by Consumer Intelligence during February 2020 50% of customers could save up to £282.66 on their car insurance premium.