Are there any other risks with non-standard properties?
You may have noticed that when you apply for home insurance, you get asked a lot of questions. These are designed to root out risks that an insurance provider is taking on. These might include:
- living in a flood-risk area
- living in a property that’s previously suffered from subsidence
- leaving the house empty for more than 30 days at a time
- having tall trees growing near the building
- using your home as a place of work
- having been declared bankrupt
- having an unspent criminal conviction
- having a large flat roof
But don’t worry, none of these factors mean you won’t be able to get insurance.
At Compare the Market, we have insurance providers that cater for both standard and non-standard home insurance. The process of comparing is simple. Once you’ve entered your details and answered some questions, we’ll show you quotes from insurance providers that are prepared to insure your home.