Buildings cover with British Gas Home Insurance includes:
- Standard cover against unexpected events like a storm, flood, fire or an explosion.
- Subsidence – Is the result of ground movement affecting your property, the most common signs of which are diagonal cracks away from the door and window frames, which will need specialist repairs and British Gas Home Insurance will cover you for the repair costs to rectify damage to your property (limits apply)
- Alternative accommodation – We will pay you for any one claim for the reasonable cost of alternative accommodation for you, your family and your domestic pets when your home cannot be lived in due to loss or damage covered by this policy (limits apply)
- Burst pipes – pipes often burst because they have worn out; if this happens, you will be covered for the damage the water has caused to your home
- Damage caused by the emergency services gaining access to your property
- Replacement locks and keys are covered whether they are lost or stolen. The locksmith’s charges are also included. This does not apply for garages and outbuildings (limits apply)