One Home Insurance

One Home is the home insurance arm of One Insurance Solution. The company has over 20 years’ experience in the insurance field and aims to give its customers affordable home insurance from a range of well-known insurance providers.

One Home Insurance offers a tailored approach, with a range of benefits and optional extras to help you get the cover you need.

Home Insurance with One Home includes building and contents cover, which can be purchased together or separately.

Terms and conditions will apply to the benefits you’re offered, so it’s important to check your policy wording before you purchase.

One Home Insurance

The cover you should look for with One Home Buildings Insurance:

  • Replacement locks -for outside doors, includes new keys and the locksmith’s charges
  • Emergency access – damage caused by the emergency services when gaining access to your property
  • Subsidence – subsidence occurs when the land beneath or around your property begins to sink. This covers you for an investigation into the problem and its solution 
  • Alternative accommodation – if your home is damaged by something which is covered by your insurance policy and you can’t stay at home because it is dangerous, this covers you to find alternative accommodation for you and your family
  • Accidental damage to pipes and cables underground
  • Home owners liability – covers you if someone makes a claim against you or a member of your family for damage or injury which has occurred inside your home or on your property
  • Fixed glass and bathroom fittings
  • Escaped of oil or water from a heating system or domestic appliance

The Cover you should look for with Contents Insurance:

  • Food in your freezer
  • Money and credit cards at home
  • Visitor’s belongings – if someone who is staying with you as a visitor has their possessions damaged or stolen, you can replace them
  • Students contents – if a member of your family is studying away from home and is living in Halls of Residence or in private accommodation their contents are covered under your insurance
  • Accidental damage to home entertainment equipment
  • Locks and keys – if your keys are stolen, you’re covered to have your locks replaced and new keys issued
  • Accidental damage to glass in furniture – includes glass shelves, glass in tables, ceramic hobs and oven doors
  • Alternative accommodation – if your home is damaged (and you’re insured for it) but it is too dangerous to live in, you will be covered to stay in alternative accommodation
  • Special events – weddings, Christenings or religious festivals might mean high value items in your home temporarily. This gives you extra cover for those belongings for a limited period
  • Downloads – data you have downloaded legally such as music and films
  • Contents in transit – if you are moving home and using a professional removal company, your contents will be covered for the journey between your old home and your new one
  • Contents in your garden – includes ornaments, patio furniture or your barbecue

Optional extras

Most companies offer optional extras which you can purchase in order to widen your cover, look out for the following add-ons:

  • Home Emergency Cover – if you have a blocked drain, or the lights suddenly fail, all you have to do is phone the emergency phone line and a tradesman will be sent to your home to deal with the problem
  • Legal Protection – covers you for legal problems such as medical negligence, a contract dispute at work, problems with shoddy workmanship or items you have purchased from a shop or online
  • Possessions away from home – things you take with you when you’re away from home, includes jewellery, clothing, gadgets and luggage
  • Pedal cycle cover – insure your bike when it is away from home

If you would like to see just how much you could save on your home insurance, get a One Home Insurance quote today.

why buy through comparethemarket

Compare home insurance

Get a quote in minutes and you could start saving

Get a quote