Harley-Davidson bike insurance
Harley-Davidson bike insurance provides cover for your prized possession. As one of the best-known brands in the world, Harley-Davidson continues to manufacture uniquely styled bikes that appeal to enthusiasts all over the globe. Make sure you have the right insurance cover for your bike with a comparison quote tailored just for your Harley.
Frequently asked questions
What’s the history behind Harley-Davidson?
One of the most iconic motorcycle manufacturers in the world, Harley-Davidson started out in a small shed in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, back in 1903. The brainchild of William S Harley and two brothers, Arthur and Walter Davidson, the famous company was incorporated in 1907. By the end of the decade, they were producing their signature 45-degree-air-cooled V-Twin.
One of two major American motorcycle manufacturers to survive the Great Depression, Harley-Davidson are known for the extensive customisation that led to the chopper motorcycle style. Their distinctive logo can be seen worldwide, from factories in York, Brazil, and across the U.S., not just on bikes but on home décor, clothing and accessories.
Whether you’re riding a custom V-Rod, a Street, sportster, softail, tourer or a Chopper, we can help you compare quotes to insure your bike. The range even has a trike with a V-8 twin engine.
Price will vary depending on a number of factors, so shopping around for your bike insurance is a must.
What should I look out for when choosing insurance for my Harley?
You need to decide the level of cover you want for your Harley-Davidson, for example comprehensive insurance for the maximum protection. Then consider what else you want your bike insurance to cover because different providers include some elements as standard while others offer them as an add on. So, think about your needs and decide whether you want to include:
- Breakdown cover – coverage for the road in case your bike breaks down en-route.
- Legal expenses insurance – if you and your bike are involved in an accident, or if a driver makes a claim against you, this insurance could cover all or some of the legal costs.
- No claims discount – this allows you to make one or two claims without affecting the number of years no claims you have. But remember, the cost of your insurance can still go up after an accident even with the discount.
- Personal accident cover – if you’re in an accident, this could help cover the costs of repairs or give you a cash payout if you are facing financial difficulty if you are injured in an accident. Check the level of coverage if this is important to you.
- Helmet and leathers cover – we know how expensive your bike gear is, so if something happens, this coverage could help you replace it.
What will affect the price of my Harley motorcycle insurance?
Your occupation, the amount of mileage you do and how much riding experience you have are a few of the factors that go into pricing the insurance for your Harley-Davidson. See more on how bike insurance is calculated?
Modifications can also affect the cost of insurance. If you change, alter or add anything to your bike after it's manufactured then it’s classed as a modification. Some modifications can be treated as standard, such as changes to mirrors or indicators, but what appears on one provider's standard modifications list might be different from another's.
Check to see if any modifications to your Harley are treated as standard or not and what the impact of that might be on your insurance premium. You should always tell your insurer about any changes to your bike, as even the smallest change could invalidate your policy. It's not worth taking the chance not to.
What information will I need to get an insurance quote?
We try to make comparing prices for Harley-Davidson motorcycle insurance as simple and quick as possible. Just tell us what bike you’re looking to insure, along with a few personal details, and we’ll find you quotes from our panel of providers in minutes. All you need to do is the pick the policy that suits you (and your bike).