Compare Honda motorbike insurance
Get a whole year of Meerkat Meals & Meerkat Movies*
Honda motorbike insurance
You can usually find a Honda in the top 10 bestselling bikes, so you don’t need us to tell you how good they are. We’re here to help you get a great deal on your Honda motorcycle insurance.
Frequently asked questions
What’s the background to Honda bikes?
Soichiro Honda started making motorcycles in 1946. He hit upon the idea of fitting small engines to bicycle frames. The idea caught on and became popular, so Honda designed his own 50cc engine. In 1949 the first Honda was born – the model D – with the D standing for dream.
In 1958, the C100 Super Cub hit the American market and went on to become the best-selling motorcycle of all time, with over 100 million being built. From there, Honda went on to produce racing bikes, touring bikes, and performance bikes.
What types of motorbike does Honda make?
Because there are so many different Honda motorcycles available, there’s something for everyone– no matter what type of rider you are.
From the exhilarating Super Sport Fireblade, to the huge 1000cc CRF1000, and the bestselling CB125F often chosen by new riders, Honda motorbikes are highly regarded as well-designed, reliable machines. There’s even a scooter range for low-maintenance transportation.
New models in 2018 include the Forza 300 GT scooter and the PCX 125 and the iconic Honda Monkey is back. They are also introducing some new stylishly stripped back "sport naked" bikes with the Honda CB125R and CB300R.
If you’ve got your hands on one of these popular models, then you’ll need good-value Honda motorcycle insurance.
What motorbike insurance options are available?
When looking at your Honda motorcycle insurance quotes, it’s worth checking if they include any of the below features – and if they don’t, see if you can add them on to suit your needs. Not all providers offer the same level of cover, so it's best to check. They can all help make your life a little bit easier if you do have an accident or make a claim:
- Breakdown cover – this is especially helpful if you commute on your bike or ride long distances, as you’ll be able to call for roadside assistance if your bike breaks down
- Legal expenses insurance – if you’re involved in a road accident and need to make a claim, or if a driver makes a claim against you, this option could cover all or some of the legal costs
- No claims discount protection – this varies between providers, but generally it allows you to make one or two claims before the number of no claims bonus years reduces, but it won't necessarily mean that your premium won't increase after an accident
- Personal accident cover – if you’re injured in an accident and facing financial difficulties because of it, this could help you with a cash payout in a time of need. Different providers offer different levels of cover so make sure you choose one that will meet your needs
- Helmet and leathers cover – biker’s gear isn’t cheap so adding this to your insurance will cover some or all of the cost of repair or replacements after an accident
What information will I need to get a Honda motorcycle insurance quote?
Before we show you any Honda motorcycle insurance policies, we’ll need some details from you. As well as your personal information, this is what we’ll be asking for:
- the make and model of your motorbike – and the registration number, if you know it
- the year it was manufactured (we can compare quotes for any bike manufactured during or after 1970)
- any modifications after manufacture
- the value of your motorcycle and the date you bought it, if applicable
- how long you’ve had your motorbike licence
- any claims or convictions
- any additional riders, including any claims and convictions they may have had
- any special security devices you carry or have had fitted to your motorbike
Then you'll like these