Young driver report
When looking to get on the road, car insurance is just one of the many costs that can affect how much goes out every month. Using where you live and what vehicle you have, our tool helps you find out how much driving is likely to cost you.
Choosing the right car and finding the right insurance are two easy ways to reduce your costs. You can compare car insurance now and make sure that you’re getting a great deal for you.
How to cut the cost of young driver insurance
The cost of running a car may have decreased over the past six months, but there are ways to cut the cost of young driver insurance:
- Choose a cheaper car to insure - the car you drive can have a big impact on your insurance, with some models offering lower premiums.
- Consider a black box policy - telematics policies are on the rise and can help to reduce premiums for sensible young drivers. The device is installed into your car and it monitors factors such as your speed, acceleration and braking.
- Reducing your mileage - consider the possibility of reducing your mileage, as providers will use this to calculate your insurance premium.
- Avoid modifications to your car - you can reduce your premium by avoiding any modifications to your car and improving your car security, such as with the use of a dash-cam.
- Add a (responsible) named driver - you can cut the cost of your premium by adding an experienced driver, or someone with a low risk occupation, as a second named driver if they share your car. Be aware that it is illegal to state that someone is a main driver when that isn’t in fact true.
- Shop around to get a great deal by comparing quotes with our comparison tool.